View Single Post
      04-30-2015, 03:05 PM   #1
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Absolutely lost re. servicing

Little help appreciated here as i am lost. We began leasing the X1 6 months ago and it had just had a "service", whatever that means. It is time to swap the winter tyres out and run the summers so i figure i will do an oil change as i do with my car.

Then it hit me, service is included in the lease agreement so BMW are not going to do anything more than "what's in the book". But there is nothing in the book, anywhere, they basically say to just wait for the car to tell you it is time for a service.

Is this right??

i find this remarkable, winters here touch minus 35, you telling me that oil has to stay in the car until we clock up enough miles for the car to suggest it needs a service??

If this is the case, i still have a question. There's a little blurb in the manual that says "you should do an oil change at least once a year", so if the car doesn't suggest it needs an oil change due to a lack of miles, will BMW still cover this annual oil change?

I tell you what, i'd never buy one of these off lease because once a year is preposterous. I'd think twice a year is a minimum no?
Appreciate 0