01-08-2015, 08:44 AM   #20
BeemerX1
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW

GTony,

No jail time for speeding here.
If they catch you, then you just pay the ticket.
Maximum on highway is 120km/h here so as long if you don't go over 160km/h you keep you drivers license (and your car, judge could take if away).

For the exhaust, you don't need to buy a full (line) exhaust for a diesel.
Removing the DPF is more healthy for the engine en off course when broken a new DPF cost like 1500 euro's.

I see people coming over to the tuning schop with a Supersprint (or other brand) and they want more/better sound or custom exhaust tip (or 2nd one).

Inox tubing instead of the DPF and rear muffler will get you a better sound, otherwise both (or 1 of them) will kill the sound.

I have the twin-turbo diesel, stock it isn't a silent car (dis-benefit for most people) so can't compare with 2.0d.
I opted for inox tubing instead of DPF and muffler but it is the inner side so both are still under the car 'for looks', stock exhaust tip was fine for me so I didn't change.

No problems for the technical inspection, all stuff is there and measurement of CO is still good way in the limits.

Not sure how your car will sound or how the technical inspection is there but good luck to get the result you want.
I hope you get what you pay for.

Last edited by BeemerX1; 01-08-2015 at 08:57 AM..
Appreciate 0