01-07-2015, 03:22 PM   #19
GTony
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 X3 F25 XDrive 28i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twix View Post
GTony, the bottom parts that are black are because the model is a sport line, the silver bits come with either the Xline or the base model (texturized black sides).

The filter looks pretty well the same as your stock filter as what they've done is just a drop-in filter. In all honesty, I don't recommend oiled filters as they require constant cleaning of the MAF or you destroy it. I cooked 3-4 of them in my old Ford Contour.

Changing a muffler won't really affect back pressure or performance much, it's mostly just sound. If you're looking for more power, look into a down pipe.

Hopefully some of this helps you out.
Thanks for info. on black bottom parts. I will try and match my existing back/front bumper with a flat/dull black, not a gloss/semi gloss look like the sports line.
Also read about oil filters and wont be using those.

I saw somewhere something about Diesels needing some back pressure, which is the reason I questioned a muffler delete. Anyway that's another story.

Will be leaving my CAT/DPF on and just doing what I said on 1'st thread.
You can get complete new exhaust system for Diesels that include better down pipe, better performance CAT/DPF that will give you a bit extra HP but cost big bucks.

I like the Supersprint System, they also do without muffler, but I like the idea of being able to work with an exhaust shop for custom job and being able to hear both options.
Appreciate 0