View Single Post
      07-11-2016, 03:27 AM   #1
Shock96
That was a hell of a thing...
Rep
Drives: 2013 xDrive 35i M Sport

BMW North America buy back

So after 69 days of being down and out for various reasons, I decided to initiate a Lemon Law buy back of my car.

I sent BMW NA a letter with all the details and CC'd my attorney's general office. I also provided them will all the work orders and the various other items they required to arbitrate.

I was contacted by BMW NA the day after I sent the letter saying they were going to look into the matter and get back to me.

A day after that I got a call from my AG office. They were going to take up the case and work with BMW NA. They told me they had to give them 40 days to respond with an offer.

So while on vacation, I got a very nice email from someone at BMW NA telling me that they were authorizing a full buy back of my car. Down payment, all payments made minus mileage from the first major issue.

No hassle, no muss, no fuss. Totally professional and very fast.

I have to say I was surprised. I figured that it would be a bit of a fight, but go figure!

My car is still making the whining transfer case (or whatever it is) noise, but otherwise doing OK.

I fax the paperwork tomorrow and surrender the car at my dealer a few days later.

Now it is time to find another car.

I am happy to be rid of this exact car, but not the model. I still think the 35i X1 is one of the best performing and useful cars I could have bought. I still love that car, but I wasn't going to be stuck with big dollar repairs every 2 months.

Total repair costs to date are over 15k all told.

I will keep everyone posted on the process just in case you have to go through it as well.
Appreciate 0