09-08-2013, 01:23 PM   #475
CIWS
Moon Parasite
United_States
Rep
Drives: F98 X4M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJackel View Post
If CIWS reads this, how well does your Dinan hold traction/burn rubber in the DFW area (that is near sea level, yes?)
I get the traction flicker, even at times I don't think I'm getting on it too much, but then again I probably am. But that's part of the reason I got the 35i and tuned it I haven't been back to the 1/4 mile track since getting the Dinan tune. They were closed in the spring switching management and right now (summer) it's really too hot to bother going. Nighttime low only reaches 80. Hopefully by next month it will start to cool enough again and I can compare my stock times to the tune. Don't really stomp it too hard on the streets for obvious reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
Warranty schwaranty
My X6 went through a situation that required a Puma case to be submitted to BMW (using oil) for approval, in which both turbos and all associated oil supply lines and the vent lines were replaced as well. It was a Dinan badged X6, and BMW never even brought up any grief about the mod situation in relation to the issues. Don't know what that bill would have cost if they decided not to cover it. But nothing I would want to be throwing dice over. Then again some folks like throwing dice.

2020 X4M Comp. (currently stock) - Was 2015 335 MSport -MPPK -Borla ATAK -Dinan Sport+ - E.R. Charge pipe / 2013 X1 35i Sport - Dinan tune / 2009 X6 50i Dinan badged

Last edited by CIWS; 09-08-2013 at 01:35 PM..
Appreciate 0