View Single Post
      11-25-2018, 01:46 PM   #6
m1xmstr
Rep
Drives: 2015 X1 xDrive28i

I ordered the OmegaLink OLRSBM1 and will be installing it on my 2015 E84 X1 xDrive28i once it arrives.

Notes:
You need to flash the module first before putting in the vehicle... Use the WebLink USB interface and a Windows PC (Anti-virus/Windows Defender off) and have to use Internet Explorer...

*Not exactly sure of the procedure as instructions say flash module, then flash add on expander that clicks into the module... Will report back

I am also adding my old 2 way remote add-on from a previous iDataLink install which is just a cable to a small box with the 2 way antenna I believe you also have to flash this unit... If I recall you hook everything together and then flash all of it at the computer...

Then following the video section on WebLink you disassemble, hook up the 2 T-harnesses and proceed to program via the key in the key port. Once set you re-hookup to the computer to flash the "KLON" which is the copy of the key frequency you just set.

Hook backup into the car once more with key fob in key port and the unit is programmed.

Sounds simple but I'm sure there will be some hiccups I'll let you know once I complete it.

### Update after install ###

Install was pretty straight forward. Followed install videos on the WebLink site and all was pretty easy actually. Ribbon cable gave me a little trouble, but it has to be squeezed on both sides to release.

Install and programming was pretty simple, but actually tucking all the harnesses and remote start itself was kind of a pain in the rear.

I was unable to get my old 2 way Compustar addon remote(s) to sync with OmegaLink I believe this was on purpose so that you buy their new RF kit(s) or CarLink Linkr Cell phone addon...

Factory Key (Lock 3X) works great though.

Oddities after install:
-Must use key to unlock doors while remote started (expected) *Handle unlock still works when not remote started.
-After driving and shutting down via push to start/stop I only need to push the button once, where I usually had to push it twice before...

Happy to be able to remote start my car finally.

### Update 2 ###

Factory key fob range was less than par, ordered an installed the MyCar Linkr2 Which uses LTE (Verizon I believe) found a new unit on eBay for $100

Pretty easy to install just clicked into Omega Link BM1

I did start getting the dreaded "Discharge while parked" notification after adding this module, but I also had window tint installed... So possible the shop left my doors open a long time, the IBS sensor on the negative battery terminal went bad, or who knows...

I ended up unhooking the IBS battery sensor at the negative cable and this issue went away... I have been monitoring the car voltage in park I am at around 13.2V while driving 14.1V so no overcharging as far as I can tell. I used Carly to clear the codes and will update again if I find anything else out. My car is a 2015 with the original battery, so it is possible the battery is just on it's way out, but I think the IBS keeps waking up the main ECU and causing the drain probably because it sees the ever so slight draw from the BM1 and Cell phone Linkr device.

#AndBobsYourUncle

Last edited by m1xmstr; 12-18-2018 at 09:21 PM.. Reason: update to install (part 2)
Appreciate 1
AK_Wes3.00