01-28-2013, 01:42 PM   #19
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by nospam View Post
Can any 35i owner confirm they are able to shift directly from 6th to 4th (skipping 5th) with their paddles?

If this is true and I had known this, I likely would have gone with the 35i over the 28i. That said, I have found the 28i power sufficient & I like the vehicle more than the 2009 E90 335i I traded for it.
Don't have paddles, and honestly haven't used the manual control at all. I'm a manual only sort of person, so I just don't really monkey with the faux manual stuff in my wife's cars, this or the 135i. Let's be honest, the mileage of the 28i is much better, largely due to the transmission and ASS.

We bought the 35i because we both like torque and with the lack of an F11 at all in the US and no 335i F31, it was our best bet. Would it be nice to get better mileage? Sure, but is the 6s a hit in any way aside from efficiency? Not that I've seen. Our E84 continues to get better mileage than our N54 E82, which I find odd, given the similar driveline with much less weight half (or one quarter) of the driven wheels.
Appreciate 0