02-10-2013, 06:51 PM   #6
loukas135
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 xDrive28i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc@schnellwerkes.com View Post
Hey everyone,

I know this is technically a 1 series but does anyone else think the rear seats are rather tiny and non spacious? Heck my f30 rear seating has more space.

Even with the front seat up to almost uncomfortable position, rear passengers have space and leg room issues.

Just wondering people's thoughts on this.

Sorry but this is Bullshit. One of the first thing I noticed is how great the rear space is for a "compact" car. I would be very skeptical comparing it to a E90 3series. I'm sure the X1 has better legroom than the old 3.

Anyway, this is a "sporty compact car". If you want a lot of rear space don't take a sporty compact car. I have two kids and the X1 is just perfect for my family needs ( boot and rear space ) and it drives a lot sportier than a X3 or a X5 for a great pricing too. So it's a win-win situation.

I would take the X1 anytime before a 3 series (even the touring ) as long as I've got to carry the family ... after, well that's another story he he :-) I had the chance to drive back to back the E90 328i xdrive and the X1 28i xdrive in a BMW event and I have to admit ( not a big deel ) that the 3 series is a blast to drive. The greatest handling car I have ever driven bottom line. The X1 thank's to it's higher profile can't equal the handling of the 3 series even if it handles very well and is a great car by itself. He has to give the edge to the 3. But, it's the best compromise ( price / cargo / sport ) BMW has in it's lineup so Enjoy it guys !

Have a nice day everybody !
Appreciate 0