12-20-2016, 06:08 PM   #12
D Unit
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 x1 s28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwtrogus View Post
I've had 2 different subwoofer setups:
Infinity Basslink and Rockford Fosgate P300-12 Punch 300 Watt Powered Loaded 12-Inch Subwoofer Enclosure
The 12 sounds great, much better than the Basslink unit and I would recommend it to anyone looking for more bass. I think the 10inch option would be fine as well. The wiring is very simple and the remote bass adjuster can be mounted in the drivers area to adjust the bass on the fly. The sub also disconnects very easily to remove as needed, the wires can just pop out and back in when installed again. If interested I can snap a pic of how it's mounted etc
Yes, please send pics of anything you can... I'd be interested in how you mounted the box... how you wired the amp... where exactly did you find your remote wire, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Unit View Post
I've been reading about LOCs. Seems like some LOCs have a remote-turn-on option. When wiring the LOCs, simply wire constant and ground, and then when the LOC senses audio signal, it can then provide a remote wire for an amp.

SO, since I will probably use the built in LOC on this particular amp, do I still need to wire the remote wire?
Quote:
Originally Posted by themishmosh View Post
I private messaged Technic and he responded with the appropriate kit for my car. It looked more like the following:

https://technicpnp.com/product/premium-harness-wlc2i/

There was something mentioned about high voltages in my car that caused the LOC in the link you posted to burn out so the AudioControl unit was the remedy. Your best bet is to PM technic for the appropriate kit because maybe things have changed in the past 2 years.
These guys must be swamped because they haven't emailed me back yet. I also read on another forum that they are backed up during the holidays...

In the meantime, I found some guy on UK ebay selling this enclosure. The conversion rate is not that bad...
Appreciate 0