View Single Post
      11-27-2014, 06:00 PM   #1
jaeezzy
Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sDrive18d M Sport

Woke up to a dent on my X1

I was soo heart broken when I was greeted with a dent when I walked to my X1 yesterday morning. I had it washed the previous day, covered with outdoor car cover and had it parked in the street. As I walked to it I saw the car cover was shattered and torn on the driver's side door. I straight away knew something very bad has happened and my heartbeat started revving like crazy. I quickly peeped through the shattered car cover to see if there were any scratches but to my surprise I didn't see any and I was hopeful that miraculously, whatever that was, had missed my car somehow. But my hope was briefly shattered by this awful looking dent Looks like some **** reversed right on my baby

Went to BMW smash repairs they advised that the whole door needs to be changed and the area around the door repainted for the new door to blend in. One of the third party smash repairs advised the same. Going through insurance seems to be a big pain. BMW smash repairs advised that the claim would be for around AUD 6000 which will lead to $1000+ increase in my premium for 2 yrs and this period has to be claim free. Since I don't know the person who did this, I will have to pay the voluntary excess of $200 as well on top of compulsory excess $750 as it's considered my fault. So, I am trying to get hold of couple mobile dent removals online to see if they can help and hoping for the best She was just 5 months old
Attached Images

jaeezzy...
Appreciate 0