View Single Post
      01-23-2011, 02:29 PM   #12
bimmerfile
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X2 F39

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario486 View Post
I am surprised by your comment ptack as judging by the number of posts you have you are not a newbie here.

If anything the X1's demand has caught BMW by surprise as their CEO pointed out quite eloquently during a recent interview. I won't bother with posting it again as its been mentioned on numerous other threads so do have a look. As far as the X1 in the USA is concerned BMW is considering it to be a niche market with only about 8000 sales expected a year (again BMW figures). Maybe the USA sales takes them by surprise but we will see. This is first and foremost a European product for the market here, and I may add that its unique for the moment. Secondly
the Asian (think China) and Australasian market will probably be the next major focus.
As others have said: 1. Its a small crossover 2. Its very economical to run. 3. Its a premium product. Now which of those are important to the NA market ?
Small cars and cute-utes are more popular in Canada (approx 25K sales per montht) vs the USA and I think the X1 will do very well here.