View Single Post
      02-03-2016, 02:24 PM   #24
Fusionsport25
Rep
Drives: Audi Q5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
It's cheaper than a 3 series wagon because it is so small. If you have kids the old X1 is very, very small. We went out last weekend and the mrs knees were near her chin (with a fresh c-section wound) as we had the rear facing seat behind her. My 4 year old was behind me and bitching it was too tight. Meanwhile, we had the stroller in the boot (trunk), it is quite large as it accepts the child seat and BARELY fits, even then you cannot carry anything else.

The new X1 addresses basically all of this but is monumentally expensive, so we are looking at gussied up Escapes instead, otherwise known as Lincoln MKC.

Fusion if you want a wagon and can live without a huge tablet screen as so on, look at 9-3 wagons, 2008-2010. The 08 has a Turbo V6 option, only look at AERO models though, not base.

No warranty but the right size and cheap as chips. VERY refined drivetrain (makes the BMW 2T and 8SPD feel like a tractor) but yeah, it's not a huge fan of corners.
Thanks Alfisti...and thanks for your guidance on my other post! Funny about the rear seat space. I'm at the other end of the spectrum now...kids gone, and I won't need the space because my wife has an Audi Q5, and we take that when nec. All i need to get into this is my road bike, or an elec keyboard on occasion, or a snowboard....all of which are no issue. I'm really stuck on CPO. I should trust the older vehicles....but guess i'm not built that way, and I do no repair work myself.

Last edited by Fusionsport25; 02-03-2016 at 02:24 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0