12-29-2013, 12:30 PM   #4
x1-2012
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 x28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullini View Post
Bought my Midnight Blue sDrive late November 2012. I have seen an increasing number of other X1s since then, but it's still a fairly rare sight, even here in Los Angeles.

All the others I have seen have been other colors - black, white, gray, a couple oranges. Yesterday I finally saw my doppleganger ahead of me on the 405 through SFV. Couldn't catch up to wave or look for other details, as driver was, umm, going a little fast. I was going 70+ but I don't like to get ahead of traffic flow. One thing I noticed - it's important to keep the darker color cars clean. The other Midnight Blue X1 was a little dirty and didn't look great, at least from what I saw.

I suppose if you have one of the more popular color X1s you've seen your share of "doubles." Took over a year for me to see my first!
I bought mine in April 2012 and although it was initially rare to see other X1 on the road, now I see about one or two other X1 on my daily commute to work. Here up north, most popular colors seems to be (in order) silver, white, black, grey and brown... "Glacier Silver" being (seemingly) the most X1's popular color is a bit surprising because most of the 3 Series cars are black(!). As for mine, I obviously have seen few "doubles", however what strike me is that not all of them have the Xenon lights... Xenon really does change the look!
Appreciate 0