ATAP
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Midnight Blue 430xi GC

V1 Hardwire

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJSM5 View Post
Hey Guys,

I previously hardwired my Valentine V1 to my F10 M5, and it really wasn't that hard. I attempted to do the same on my X1 but found it much more difficult. For starters I couldn't remove the overhead control panel with the sun roof controller and etc. If anyone has attempted and or completely this please let me know how so, its a waste of 500 bucks to have a shop do this when I'm probably just skipping a step.
Actually easier then the F10, once you figure out those pesky clips.

There are numerous posts in the forum on how to do this. I did it by using power from the upper console, specifically the wire for the switched 12V to the garage door opener on the mirror.

To drop the console, you have to release the 2 clips in front. Easiest way to do this is to remove (carefully) the black plastic rings around the 2 reading lights. If you look closely up there, towards the windshield, you will see the back of the 2 clips with a gap on the side of each. Take an "L-shaped" paper clip, slide it in the gap and rotate it to pull back each clip and the console will drop from the front. The back of it will slide right out.

I ran the wire across the headliner and out from behind the courtesy light behind the visor so very little is visible when the V1 is mounted on the visor.

Be careful and good luck!
Appreciate 0