View Single Post
      02-08-2014, 06:32 AM   #4
BeemerX1
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW

Thanks for the information both off you,

The 'a' is silent and not mention on X1 badges, I know, just a way for me to mention it has a 6 speed automatic gearbox.

Yes, the diesel is chipped after the exhaust changes and sport air intake filter. The gearbox only allows around 480-500nm on the automatic 6 speed so upgrading turbo(s) and intercooler wasn’t a option.
Sport air filter replacement doesn't do much but hey, it was 4hp and I can clean it instead to buy a new stock one every couple of service maintenance.

DPF is removed, well, actually all the crap is punched out and replaced the inside with a inox tube. Off course the EGP and DPF is cancelled in the ECU (by the chip).

Same go for the rear silencer, the chambers zigzag crap is punched out and replaced by inox tubing. DPF is just to get on euro norms and CO² regulation but it costs the owner a lot to replace, it eats hp and so gas. The silence ‘junk’ not only eats noise but also a little of your hp and so gas. Do you really think they still make engines that give a black cloud? That is only with a bad regulated engine, my thought is the engine runs better without it, upside world it is.

The sound isn't that much more, but it has a deeper sound. When all windows and the roof closed it cancels the wind noises on higher speeds a little and with the roof open it is just nice to hear, even for a tractor engine.
Black smoke I don't have, more smoke I don’t have, a little ugly smell when you stand behind the exhaust I do have. But how long you are standing at the trunk with a running engine anyway.

When you sit in the car with windows open you don’t smell it. Most of the people don’t notice, car and especially the BMW enthusiastic do pop the question ‘did you do something with your exhaust? It sounds nice on your diesel, or is it because of the twin turbo? ‘.

I know most here have petrol, had the chance to test drive a 135i 6MT coupé, the clutch was smelling more than the burned rubber of the tires, when a friend arrived with it at my door. Tested Z4 2.8i and 3.5si both on auto gearbox. The 2.8i was fun but not wow and usable every day. The 3.5si was a rocket, tricky and tail happy, 1st time I driven so much hp with the combination of RWD and automatic gearbox, it is nothing for me for daily use, however the engine is so mutch fun.

So I know a petrol is nice to have, actually I was thinking of a new MB GLA ass well because it only needs the 2.0l to have 450hp (tuned from 360hp stock, same AMG engine from the A and CLA, yes BMW, take a example out off that!) but then the GLA is to new and too expensive.

I will defiantly look around on the forum for 20” rims on the forum, maybe I find some styling idea’s ass well and in general it is nice to see cars.

BMW has the M rims for the X1, it is 19” with 8J front and 9J at the rear I think so 8J isn’t the (official) maximum. ET value and not coming outside the body off the car is the trick I guess. And off course the weight off the rims for the xdrive. For petrol or diesel there isn’t a difference in that I think. The 23d has the brakes of her bigger sister 3.5i, love the breaks, even with the extra hp’s, only optical the brake claws looks like shit, will let them colored in shiny black ant that it is, don’t want to buy a big brake kit or fake claws just to look pretty. (If they were big I should have them in red off course)
Appreciate 0