View Single Post
      02-06-2014, 03:02 PM   #1
BeemerX1
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW

BMW style 405 M 20" on (E84) X1 xdrive23da

Hello fellow X1 owners, my name is Bart, 32 years old, living in Belgium.
Never actually introduced me but time to time I have a look at this X1 forum.

Since 10/2013 I own a X1 xdrive23da, bought it from BWM Premium Selection, the car is actually from 05/2010 and almost fully loaded, I was just looking for leather, Xenon, Navi, xdrive, automatic gearbox and the biggest diesel engine, the 1st owned had good taste and allot of money apparently and I did a good deal.

With 260hp and 470nm it isn't 'wow' but sure it is fun to drive.
Already got the yellow light out off the interior, fog light and Angel Eye’s. All nice white color now.

Coded some things like auto mirror closing (1 second long push on button, no mirror close on normal push), digital speed on display and stupid noise for belt buckle (I use it but not when I only need to drive 2 streets here) and no DVD protection so passengers can look DVD when I am driving.

Car had the DPF removed, rear silencer has just inox tubing inside instead of the crap and the 200hp is bumped up.
Twin turbo (diesel) has a nicer sound now, extra power and torque is nice to have and the trottle respons is less laggy. Debadges the 'X1' and 'xdrve23d' emblems ass well.

The car is still on it stock 18" rims and stock suspension.
I want bigger rims for looks, will keep 18" the rims for the winter.
I want a sport suspension, not only for the looks but also for safety.

For the sport suspension I think I have all the information needed, I will go for de Bilstein (Eibasch) B12 kit since this lowers the car with 30mm, is just fine for xdrive and has the same sport/comfort feel as a M suspension (what doesn't lower your car).

For rims many people as do BMW say's 'go for stock rims. Problem there, not many choice and maximum rim is 19".

Now, here I go with my question for you guy's and hopefully you could give me some good news/experience.
Will the BMW style 405 M Performance 20" rims for a F30 F3x fit on my car?
Same question for the 433 M 20" rims from the M6 Grand Coupé (perhaps the front rims x 4).
I know I will need to work with spacers and people already advised me (if it fits) to for 20mm spacers so the ring in the center will fit nicely, this also works with 2 half’s and so double bolts.

Not sure I will go for run flat tires since many people say they’re hare and the comfort and safety is less than normal tires.

Info 405M:
Specification front:
8Jx20
ET36
BMW artnr 361122219604
Most used rubber 225/35/20

Specification rear:
8,5Jx20
ET47
BMW artnr 36112219605
Most used rubber 255/30/20

Stock:
Front and rear:
8Jx18
ET30
225/45/18

I found " http://www.willtheyfit.com/ " to calculate the ET fitment.
I hope someone here already came on the idea on putting 405 M’s on he’s X1 and actually did it and has experience with it. Don’t need to hear 20” is too big, BMW tuners mount them (but they don’t sell my taste.

My first choice where the 433M’s from the M6 Grand Coupé but they do not fit with 9,5J front and 10,5J rear. Was thinking to go 9,5J all round then but they will sure be (to) heavy for the xdrive, don’t wane mess up the gearbox. Small and lightweight 405 M’s are a better choice if it is possible.
But if anyone here tried the 433M’s on he’s X1 and is happy about them, please share your experience and some pictures.

Kind regards,
Bart
Attached Images

Last edited by BeemerX1; 02-08-2014 at 09:55 AM..
Appreciate 0