View Single Post
      02-05-2016, 08:51 AM   #7
PrematureApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: N55 X1, N54 135, s54 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerospike View Post
Having to downshift doesn't annoy me. It's BMW logic that does. Either do the entire job of downshifting or don't do it at all. I'd rather have a no crap manual mode where the car doesn't downshift at all.
It's your logic that's flawed. The only reason the car does any down shifting in manual mode is to prevent a stall, or being unable to pull away once you've stopped. It's bailing out your bad/lazy driving. You're in manual mode. That means up shifting and down shifting is your responsibility. Why would it do an extra down shift that it doesn't have to when you're in manual mode?

In manual mode, most people want the LEAST computer controlled shifting occurring as possible. In this instance, that's making up for your poor driving, while leaving the car running/operable...aka second gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerospike View Post
I've thought about the Aplina trans flash, but I'm still under warranty. Just another 25,000 miles to go.
It is a factory flash. No warranty concerns.
'08 N54 535xi touring (Bilstein B6s, Downpipes, MHD tune, baby seat)
Appreciate 0