View Single Post
      04-06-2024, 10:53 AM   #1
web1b
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328i

Maintenance costs of 2024 X1 in US?

I’m considering purchasing an on the lot base trim 2024 X1 this summer or waiting a few more months and ordering a 2025.

I expect to be driving very low miles of mostly very short trips around town plus a 250 to 500 mile road trip once or twice a year. This will likely only total to well under 5,000 miles annually.

Assuming I will get maintenance done at a local BMW dealership for at least the first 4 years, how much should I expect to spend on maintenance?

The last time I bought a new BMW, it came with 4 years of complimentary maintenance and I got rid of it before the warranty expired, but I have heard BMW has done away with that just like Mercedes Benz. This time, I plan to keep the vehicle for at least 5 years past warranty expiration. So, even if I drove the vehicle the full 5,000 miles annually, after 9 years it would still only have 45,000 miles.

Does prepaid maintenance make financial sense for a very low mileage driving scenario? Do they really ever offer the maintenance plans for less cost than you could have the maintenance done pay as you go?
Appreciate 0