View Single Post
      05-21-2014, 10:26 AM   #18
Kennyboy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 Xdrive 28i

Congrats, a decision well made to go with the X1. I just took a almost new and loaded 2014 328Xi loaner car on a 500 miles weekend trip, and both me and my girlfriend think the X1 28i I have is the better car between the two, even without considering the price difference. The X1 Xdrive has way better handling feel and perfect ride height. The steering on the 328i has no feel at all at local speed, and only catch up a bit on the highway. We actually think the interior is better in the X1 compared to the 328i, including adjustable armset, double-sized moon roof, leather wrapped shifter, more focused gauages, bigger inserted GPS screen, and a thicker steering wheel. The sport mode button on the 328i is not that user-friendly either. You gotta look for it before you could make a mode selection. I ran the 328i up to 115mph, and it does not feel any quicker than the X1 28i at any speed. The only two things it impressed me better than my X1 was how sweet the engine sounded in the 328i. In sport mode the 328i sounded really aggressive, while there was no way to produce any sound effect in the X1. The motor was just way too muffled, with only diesel like cold start sound getting into the cabin in the X1. The 328xi had much better fuel economy. I drove the 328Xi hard, and still averaged almost 29mpg. My X1 28i has a daily average of 20.6mpg and average 26mpg on long distance trips, but I never cared much about fuel economy any way. If I had to choose again between a 328xi and the X1 28i, I would still go with the X1 with no doubt in my mind.
Appreciate 0