08-27-2011, 12:32 PM   #7
Mulberry
Catuvellauni
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive23d MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by senwar View Post
Personal opinion - but I prefer your original setup

I just can't take to X M sport models - don't like the colour coding. Congrats though if thats what you like - the added benefit of yours is the better wheels that you don't get with the M sports.

Saying that - do you know if they do the short shift kit for the X1 yet?

My reasons for having the modifications done was to own the car that I originaly wanted at the time of purchase, but was not available. I also wanted to give some real recognition through this post to the chaps in the body shop who organised and did the work (there were a lot of parts involved!). I've spent the morning today detailing the car, and to say that I'm impressed is an understatement. The workmanship is superb.

I'm now researching power and brake upgrades. A C Scnitzer can take the power from 400 Nm to 480 Nm, 204 bhp to 240 bhp, but I think that BMW Performance may be able to do a better job as their power upgrade includes enhanced cooling. Because they also have performance brake upgrades, if I go ahead with the modifications it wil mean the car remains totaly BMW.

Depreciation was one of the main reasons that I have had the bodywork retro fitted. The cost of the work compared to the amount that I would have needed to add to exchange the car for a new/different model made the decision a 'no brainer'. I now have the car that I wanted in the first place (4X4 SAV) AND the capital to buy something like a used Z4 for next summer...If I then have the power/brake upgrades carried out on the X1 as well, I guess I will have achieved a good balance of SAV and pure Sports. Of course I may find that with the additional power/brake upgrades the idea of an additional sports car becomes irrelevant..now there's a thought.

Last edited by Mulberry; 09-13-2012 at 01:52 AM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0