View Single Post
      11-06-2013, 10:54 PM   #58
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantm135i View Post
To ANYBODY OUT THERE who says any thing negative about the bmw x1 35i m sport doesn't own one or hasn't driven one. Its totally different from the 4cly and non m sport 6. First bmw built this suv 35i m sport for enthuse's as a blank sheet to due as you wish very good core parts at a good price. They knew there were guys who liked the m3 but it cost to much, TO SLOW FOR THE MONEY, and is to flashy, scared i will get a scratch on it in the parking lot. I owned an m3 i know. The m1 was great kind of small toyish way over priced.

Which leads us back to the x1 35i m sport capable of makeing 500hp out handling a stock m3. In bad weather or in the cold blow away all most every sports car out there. Oh by the way has a great hatch feature and could carry stuff on top if needed, with 25 -30 mpg.
Do all this and look bad ASS and save ten's of thousands. PARA RAN 12.5 WITH MINOR MODS NUFF SAID
I love the X1 but in order to out-handle a M3 you would have to dump TONS of money into the car. You would need the KW V3 properly tuned, new wheels, tires, bushings, sway bars, camber plates, and to put the car on a 300lb diet. Is it possible? Maybe. But it will cost 7k+.

The M3, even with bolt-ons, is definitely slower in a straight line than a bolt-on X1 (as I've proven), but it is in a different class for handling.

However, what the X1 35i M Sport is, is the absolute best stock handling SUV/crossover on the market, including the Cayenne. And that's impressive in and of itself, especially when combined with the ability to run 1/4 mile times equivalent to the Cayenne Turbo for under 1k in mods.

The X1 is just a lifted 335 e91 xdrive wagon with a better, more sportier suspension, so all of the same praises/criticisms/comparisons apply.

Last edited by paradoxical3; 11-06-2013 at 11:02 PM..
Appreciate 0