View Single Post
      06-03-2016, 09:26 PM   #80
vstolpner
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 F39 X2 m35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60Driver View Post
Nice clean install, looks good. How's the volume of the mechanism outside? Your garage looks a little small and I wonder how much that contributes to the loudness.

As you mentioned, the anti-pinch disengages fairly high. I wonder if there are any settings that can be adjusted via some kind of update from the manufacturer.

$449 US delivered, right? I'll be waiting on your update before I pull the trigger myself.
Yeah the small garage definitely contributed to the volume - its not as bad outside in a large parking lot but it's still noticeable. My 5 month old didn't get freaked out by it so that's really all that matters , lol

The control box does have an SD (or was it microSD? I forget) slot for firmware updates but I'm not hopeful on anything like that. Best I can tell it needs the momentum to close the gate properly and with such momentum it just wouldn't be able to stop the gate in time.

And yeah $449 USD delivered. Ended up being $627 CAD including $31 in import duties.

I'm quite satisfied with it so far, but keep in mind you're not going to close it by hand much - the mechanism tries to hold the gate in a set position even if you move it so it's hard to get much momentum to close the gate by hand. Plus I imagine it wears the motors more than just having the mechanism do it.
Appreciate 0