View Single Post
      12-27-2010, 07:17 AM   #1
dimitris33
Private
Rep
Drives: X1

Off-road abilities?

I havent seen any thread discussing the offroad abilities of our car on different terrains.

The idea came to me on Friday when I was at the Petrol station. One guy was there with an sdrive 1.8i (same as mine) and I asked him about the performance, consumption etc.. He had 5,500km (automatic box) and he wasnt happy about the consumption. His consumption was at 10.9lt/100 urban circle.

He previously owned an X5 as he told me. I asked for off road abilities and he replied "dont be afraid of it, it may not be an xdrive but it can take you anywhere! I've put it on a beach sand terain and I wasnt stuck! It performs almost like my previous X5!". I dont know if I have to believe him or not...

I am therefore very curious to know what are the off road boundaries on different terrains of our car, either Xdrive or Sdrive. I'm most curious on how it can handle on the beaches with 225/17 rear wheel drive...

So, what if anyone of us taking some photos when driving off road at their day off or vacations thus to help each other know how far can we go off roading.
Appreciate 0