07-02-2013, 10:38 AM   #15
MidgetInBikini
SFBA Photographer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E84 N20 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky13 View Post
The oil change at 3400 the owner must pay for and the dealer will reset it. Oil changes are based on the computer saying its time or one year. I believe if your paying for it at 3400 miles you might be able to get a free one at one year. BMW/Mini has changed their policy a few times and I had a run in with Mini over this issue. Mini got so many complaints they went back to the original program about two years ago which is computer based or one year. I think they had a legal issue because the owners manual said " you Must change your oil every year". I went in at one year and they said my computer said I didn't need it yet and they made me pay for it. Needless to say I went batshit crazy and obviously so did a lot of people so they changed it. It's always best to call the dealer you plan on getting all your work at because they can all get a little weird every now and then and change the policy.
From where I come from, a year per oil change is kinda stretched don't you think so? Well I guess BMW is so sophisticated, it gets moody sometimes lol!
Appreciate 0