View Single Post
      12-13-2021, 09:14 PM   #21
HDA
Private
Rep
Drives: S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchboat View Post
I have the Alpina transmission flash on my 2015 X1 xDrive35i M-Sport and I like it very much, but it might not be for everyone. In my experience the Alpina flash makes the regular ‘D’ mode of the transmission operate much like European drivers shifting a manual transmission on their daily commute; it upshifts early at part throttle and seeks to maximize economy - not performance.

Putting in Sport Mode has the opposite effect - rev matching with the steering wheel paddles is awesome. And I like that - either shift mode - the dashboard ALWAYS indicates what gear is engaged (D4, D6, etc).

I did have to program the car twice - once to enable the Alpina transmission profile, and a second time to re-enable the steering wheel shift paddles. I also have my engine tuned to ‘Stage 2’ using MHD N55e App - though I *think* I flashed the transmission before using MHD - I had a Burger JB N55 Stage 1 hardware tune installed before I switched to MHD).

Here are the instructions I followed to perform the Alpina flash: https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20991
Thank you, I do like the fact that D becomes more fuel economy oriented while the S is sportier. Right now the two modes feel very similar.

I will look into the mhd. Seems like the whole car can be programmed with an IPhone lol
Appreciate 0