View Single Post
      11-08-2017, 05:16 PM   #11
0w40X1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X1 s28i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrematureApex View Post
Please stop posting stuff like this. 1; it's irrelevant. 2; at an HPDE on an average track, for even a moderately aggressive beginner the OEM pads are borderline dangerous regarding heat capacity (fade resistance).

We get it, you didn't have any problems...which I wouldn't be boasting about, honestly.

The fact is, you simply don't use your brakes (or tires) very hard. A more aggressive driver could fade them within the first lap on a demanding track.

This isn't about driving ability mind you, it's about safety.
You don't drive a s28i to know that.

I drove mine at Circuit of the Americas 2 years ago, and stopped from 120mph on the straight to 30 mph standing on the brakes. I had no "FADE"!

You're the guy that told me that i should turn off the traction control if I even dreamed of tracking, since the traction control would kick in, and I'd lose time which isn't relevant, since it's not a race.

I learn to drive smooth to not kick it in, and when turned off, that also turns off the built in electric differential.

I don't know what it is about BMW's and BMW brakes, but everyone thinks nobody else can drive or maintain them.

Knowledge seems to either be never turned a nut or holier than thou.

Appreciate 0