06-10-2022, 09:33 AM   #4
BimaXking
Coast Guard
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtwjhwk View Post
So.. I had searched the forums about
"hood not opening" and finally found out that the cable on the Drivers side release had broken. I will outline the painful steps I had to take to release the hood.
1. Picture from the inside of the driver side fender wall after I removed the Plastic Shield to give me a better view of what happened (pic1)
2. Cut a hole on the inside of the grill after removing the grill. Aim to the top right of the plastic, and I used the hole to thread a small camera in to get a better view of what is going on (pic 2, pic 3)
3. You need a long, thin screw driver to push open the latch (pic 4) to release the latch
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtwjhwk View Post
So.. I had searched the forums about
"hood not opening" and finally found out that the cable on the Drivers side release had broken. I will outline the painful steps I had to take to release the hood.
1. Picture from the inside of the driver side fender wall after I removed the Plastic Shield to give me a better view of what happened (pic1)
2. Cut a hole on the inside of the grill after removing the grill. Aim to the top right of the plastic, and I used the hole to thread a small camera in to get a better view of what is going on (pic 2, pic 3)
3. You need a long, thin screw driver to push open the latch (pic 4) to release the latch
Guess the lock to your hood got stuck
Appreciate 1