10-27-2016, 08:56 PM   #62
mcdanielvzw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i (times 2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rps View Post
BMW Assist and the SOS functions were not a luxury, they were selling features of the vehicle. I'm told that since my car was delivered in October, it is not eligible for the upgrade. The SOS feature was piece of mind for the driver and was included in a pricy option package. I have had the feature in all three of my cars and paid the subscription price to BMW when the complimentary period had expired. If BMW was telling owners that their Sirius radios would no longer work, what type of outrage would you be hearing?
I can't really argue with you on your first point, because while it was a selling point for you I pay my car insurance to serve the same function. I could still say it is luxury vs right, but if you need it you have to pay for the upgrade if it isn't covered. I won't say it's fair, as I've dealt with plenty of Software in IT that you have for 2-3 years and it's end of life'd so you have to pay for new software. Sucks but it's a fact of life that ultimately can't be changed unless you have a persuasive hand or boycott for someone else.

As for Sirius, I will say my personal opinion is own a smart phone and stream from one of the many free services that work anywhere there is cell service. I never paid to text when email/hangouts was included for free in a data plan (until it was covered by my job), and I don't pay for Sirius when I can use any number of streaming apps for free with my data service. I bought a bluetooth car kit for $25 bluetooth media service in my BMW Pro headunit.
Appreciate 0