V-Eight
Captain
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3 G80 Comp.Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
hmmmm lets see.
20 years ago they had the following models:
911 (in the usual multiple versions) and..... boxster (not even a coupe version of that). thats it.
Now they have:
911, 718 (in both coupe&conv), cayenne, panamera, macan.
Thats over twice the models.
I see what you mean by limitin production lines
And they style even a big ass suv (cayenne) with 911 features so that it looks horrible.
Porsche has some of the most forced designs because 'it HAS to look like a porsche' and that creates some of the most ugly cars
Making cars that all look alike is a sign of lazy design. Porsche designs only look good on low slung sportscars.
Thats why porsche as a brand is quickly loosing its 'want' factor. 20 years ago it was a sportscar brand with a lot of prestige. Now its mainly an suv manufacturer on borrowed VAG platforms...they're the biggest sell outs imho.
Totally agree with you. At least 20 years ago, when I was a teen ager, the 911 was my dream car, now it isn't. And when I decided to bring the only Porsche that have sense for me, the Cayman, they put an horrible 4 cylinder engine in it, at the same price. Porsche is just a common SUV maker that also makes a really good every day sport car, the 911. No more. In my opinion, it doesn't deserve the worth, even if the 911 is already one of the most daily usable sub-supercar.
Appreciate 0