View Single Post
      02-09-2017, 05:39 AM   #57
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkle Steve View Post
Porsche is the benchmark IMO. They can give their cars a personality because they keep the brand exclusive by limiting the number of model lines available (iterations of a crossover like the x2 or a small sedan like the Audi A3 do not exist);
hmmmm lets see.
20 years ago they had the following models:
911 (in the usual multiple versions) and..... boxster (not even a coupe version of that). thats it.
Now they have:
911, 718 (in both coupe&conv), cayenne, panamera, macan.
Thats over twice the models.
I see what you mean by limitin production lines
And they style even a big ass suv (cayenne) with 911 features so that it looks horrible.
Porsche has some of the most forced designs because 'it HAS to look like a porsche' and that creates some of the most ugly cars
Making cars that all look alike is a sign of lazy design. Porsche designs only look good on low slung sportscars.
Thats why porsche as a brand is quickly loosing its 'want' factor. 20 years ago it was a sportscar brand with a lot of prestige. Now its mainly an suv manufacturer on borrowed VAG platforms...they're the biggest sell outs imho.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 02-09-2017 at 05:45 AM..
Appreciate 0