View Single Post
      11-20-2012, 11:19 AM   #17
Jim2013X1
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottRodW View Post
My X1 is currently without sat radio as well. I had it in the shop last Monday to change the default on the Auto Start, and on the drive home realized the Sirius XM was completely disabled. I took the car back Friday to have the malfunctioning TPM module replaced and sat problem diagnosed, and was told the sat radio problem is a result a software issue, and that a fix was in the works. The download was expected to happen over the weekend, so they just kept the car. Sadly, the download was unsuccessful, so it's still sitting in the shop awaiting the update.

Adding insult to injury, the TPM system is still malfunctioning as well. They're blaming that problem on the sensors I purchased from Tire Rack with my winter wheels and tires. The sensors are the correct frequency, and I've gotten no logical explanation for why they aren't communicating. So now I have to spend another $550 to have BMW sensors overnighted and installed. Everything is suppose to be completed today. We'll see ...
Just got the call, the car is done and they said EVERYTHING was working. We'll see. They will bring it to my house after work today. I had the auto stop/start changed to keep on the off setting so maybe that screwed up the satelitte, like you said. Anyway, once I see all the paperwork I'll report back on what exactly was done in case this happens to anyone else. They gave me a 2011 328 xdrive as a loaner. Kicks some butt, but give me my X1 any day!
Appreciate 0