View Single Post
      03-07-2015, 08:57 PM   #107
Twix
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91

Garage List
I talked to a guy at Stoptech a few days ago. He thinks for sure the 335/328 kits will work. He did tell me to go with the 328xi kit as the pistons on the calipers is better suited to the X1 28i's ABS sensors. The 35i would obviously be the right kit for you.

He did say though, he is a bit worried about the measurement from the face of the caliper mounting bracket on the hub carrier to the face of the hub hole may be different from the X1 to the 3 series. He also said he thinks the P/N between the two hub carriers have a different number hopefully just because the X1 has a taller carrier to lift it over the height of the 3 series.

Looks like I'll be delving into this a lot sooner than I originally anticipated. But so far, all the info I've gathered from Stoptech seems to be in my favour.

Let me know what process you're at with regards to brakes. See if anything needs to be modified or not.

Downpipe is getting installed on the 13th. I'll see if my GoPro wants to work and take a video longer than 10 seconds.
2002 Land Rover Discovery II - 3" lift & 33s
Appreciate 0