View Single Post
      03-11-2014, 09:20 AM   #118
atomic
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 x3 x-line white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
So you've never had a sports car? The seating is higher than our old 1er, which was very tall for a sporty car, and the X1 is higher. The CX5 seating position is very nearly the exact same, and it's quite clearly an SUV.

I'm guessing you feel the Forester is a big wagon too? If you want to see it as a wagon, that's cool, but ask your friends, family or just the next person you see at the gas station what it is, it won't be a wagon.

This whole argument reminds me of things like the CLS and 6GC being called coupes. The only people that believe that are the ones who own them, all others know that they're sedans.
I don't know about the Forester but I have driven the Outback and that is a wagon. And it is bigger than the X1 and has more off-road capability. Yeah a coupe has 2 doors. SUV's are higher than other cars and are off-road capable. The X1 isn't even close to being a cross-over. For some reason you want it to be an SUV. And that is why BMW markets it as an SAV instead of putting wagon or hatchback on the title as it know you guys wouldn't buy it.
Appreciate 0