View Single Post
      05-29-2015, 08:22 PM   #84
cwickberg
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 35i MSport Ultimate,

I got our x X135i Msport Ultimate as a fun weekend car but ended up giving it to my teenage daughter who has about 1 year of driving experience.

i think it is safe and very practical for her... wanted to stay with Bimmers, had X5 and 5 series wagons, but since BMW didn't bring the new "F" wagon to the US, I thought i was headed back to Mercedes. Looked at the 3 series wagon and then saw the X1 at the dealership.

I like the "old school" I-6, hydraulic steering and 6 speed transmission...With the Alpina B3 transmission flash, it gets about 1-1.5 more mpg in drive mode and much sharper, quicker shifts in sport or manual. To top it off, the JB4 tune will really let the X1 come alive.

We sent my daughter to the Tire Rack/SCCA Street Survival driving school and she loved it. learned how to really handle the X1 and loved the autoX.

Best mpg we got was just over 29 mpg on a long trip, with steady 65 mph driving and averages just about 24 around town.

Fit and finish is good, but not luxurious. It wears well and is just the right size for my daughter, who is 5-10.

Have about 28,000 miles, no trouble and just put on new tires...got rid of the RFT's and the handles and drives even better.

All around, a very versatile, well optioned, comfortable, well handling and expensive car for a teenage girl... Not exactly what i was driving at that age...

Now my weekend car is a Porsche Boxster... but that is for a different forum
Appreciate 0