View Single Post
      11-05-2015, 08:44 PM   #7
jaeezzy
Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sDrive18d M Sport

Sorry for the grunt but thought I'd put it all out here I'm sick of these intermittent rattlings on my X1 as well . Some goes away but most have to be taken to dealer for a fix. I'm more worried after my warranty expires - car will be older and God knows how many more rattles will start making its way through. To make it worst I installed center console DVD which added extra sth to rattle in the car. I had to install some felt tape to stop it from rattling. Took to dealer for rattling from the front passenger air-vent and the trims next to A/C (this trim creaked so sharp and only used to occur during the 1st hour of driving. Then it would stop .) Took to dealer for the squeaks that were coming from pressing the throttle pedal. Had to visit dealer twice for this. First time they stopped it but it started back the same afternoon. 2nd time they said they took the whole unit or sth out and oiled it. Touch wood! around a year has passed since and it hasn't squeaked yet. On some bumps the dash sounds like the plastics are breaking from within. No premium feeling at all . I had rattles from the driver side A/C trim as well but then it stopped. And today, suddenly, there was rattling from the driver side door handle or air-vent or somewhere (just couldn't pin point it) on my way back home. Stopped and had a look but couldn't find anything obvious so took off. Then later it just stopped.

jaeezzy...

Last edited by jaeezzy; 11-05-2015 at 09:13 PM..
Appreciate 0