View Single Post
      03-01-2016, 06:18 PM   #1
LevinBR
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X1 xDrive 35i

Bavsound Speaker Replacement/Upgrade

As many have already stated in previous threads, the stock BMW speakers (whether they are the standard or premium) are flat, harsh, and tend to distort at high volumes. This is mainly due to cheap materials and construction. The stock amps are perfectly capable, actually, so the speakers are where the improvement efforts should be directed.

Bavsound specially engineers and tunes their speakers to a) fit bmw's, and b) sound great with the stock amplifier. This seemed like the perfect solution to crappy speakers, so I gave it a shot.

Because of nice instructional videos (for every BMW model ) I was able to remove old speakers and install new ones in several hours. I also installed extra sound deadening material, which you might as well do if you have the door panel off. The speakers are plug and play, so no need for stripping wires or soldering.

As soon as I visually compared old and new speakers, I anticipated a solid upgrade in the works. For example, the old ones had drivers the size of a small stack of quarters, and the new ones had drivers the size of hockey pucks.

The final result was night and day compared to my previous speakers. Sound quality is now rich, detailed, and extremely capable at high volumes . The music now sounds how the artist intended. Splendid.

Can you get better quality? Yes, especially if you hire a professional, but this is a DIY forum. For the time and money invested, I am extremely happy with the results. I highly recommend!

Good luck with your projects!
Appreciate 2
Seagull288.50