View Single Post
      09-05-2014, 07:56 PM   #11
Spieltag
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW m235 AW/KR-B

Garage List
2015 BMW m235  [0.00]
As a strength and conditioning coach working with athletes, I am 99% against crossfit. Too many clients have come to me with injuries because of shitty crossfit coaching. Emphasis on programming and periodic action is what gives you the progress you want. Technique, proper form, and the way your body sequences muscle recruitment is overlooked in crossfit... I'm sorry, I'm sure there are good strength coaches with past experience with Olympic lifting and power lifting experience, but there are far more "I paid $300 and got certified in a weekend". With my clients I make sure that every single one of them is screened and instructed for their appropriate progression or regression as needed. Combine that with fms screening, and muscle activation techniques and correctives and I have had 0 athletes develop injuries from lifting.

Here is a quick article that I agree with 100% in re: to crossfit.
http://www.dailydot.com/opinion/why-i-dont-do-crossfit/
Crossfit does one thing well, it gets people energized about working out and challenging themselves, but it does it while sacrificing safety and quality.

In regards to training till you puke... One of the most dangerous, and least effective ways of training is training to fatigue. Proper periodization and programming will still focus on the principles of overload, and will give you much better results. I could tell you to do 50 Burpees and then do 20 85% 1rm squats and you'd fail, doesn't mean it was a good workout.
Appreciate 0