View Single Post
      12-06-2013, 11:24 AM   #6
JYohay
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by iride4u View Post
If I had wanted to get ultimate power and speed from a X1 I would have gone a different way. I got the Dinan because it was installed by the dealer. I am pleasantly surprised by how tractable and seamless the power has become. As a daily driver it is important to have a vehicle that does not have serious power fluxions through the power band. I had a Shelby CSX-VNT and while it was fun the power took a very steep step at 3000 RPM. The Shelby was undriveable in rain or snow as well as rough roads.
I did not want that again. If I want more acceleration I can always take my BMW K1600GTL or BMW R1200GSW both of the bikes have been modified for there intended purposes.
i wasnt responding to your waste of money i was responding to the other members drive train wear concerns.
just because your car has power available doesn't mean your foot has to be smashing the accelerator.
Dinan is a overpriced under performing tune, while having warranty, that really means nothing with how easy and undetectable the tuning options are that are available for this platform.
Appreciate 0