View Single Post
      10-30-2012, 07:41 PM   #72
krispykreme
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
The European X1 x35i M Sport is totally different than the US one. You know how I know? Because the Europeans don't even get the X35i.
You do realize that European actually get x25D, which has more torque and came with same M sport package.

Go google X1 Xdrive 25D M sport.

Quote:
You do realize that the X1 35i M Sport comes with a lot more equipment and features compared to the regular X1, right?
So?

Other than sports suspension, summer tire, and higher top speed limit. None of the other upgrade are performance oriented.

This is same with 135is. But 135is is not 1M. The suspension and entire DTC tuning is different. No MDM.

In 135is case, it did get DCT, which is not even available on X1 M sport.

So please save that argument.

Quote:
Please, they are more similar than different. The same transmission in the X1 M Sport has been proven to handle 500lbft TQ just fine - actually, it handles the torque BETTER than the dual clutch setup in the 1M does, which is known to begin slipping in the 400's. Do your research.
So what does this mean?

Does it mean your car corners better? Handled better?

Your 6 speed is shared from regular 135i automatic. And you want to compare that to a clutchless manual? Which delivers power with far better efficiency than your slushbox 6 speed- which is already 6 years old.

Quote:
No, let me tell you something. My X1 M Sport comes with 19 inch Pirelli P-Zero's - equivalent to the PS2 and much better than Potenze RE050. Once again, do your research.
Not true.

The M cars comes with extreme summer tires. Which is a grade about your max performance tire.

Please don't flatter your tire. Thank you.

Quote:
That's great; but again I think you're confused and are in the wrong thread. The 135 forum is that way ------------>. My X1 M's throttle response absolutely changes in sport and on BMW's own damn website it mentions bespoke DTC software that allows a much greater power split to the rear, drastically reducing understeer along with the M Sport suspension.
Go drive a real M car. Please.

Quote:
And that's not even mentioning performance control, which independently corner brakes and redirects power on the fly to induce controllable over-steer - yet another thing that the normal X1 doesn't have.
You want to check that too.

Its called DPC. Which is standard on your mom and pop X6, and its strip down version in X1.

So please don't confuse it with the full blown version on the X5/6m and standard X6.

Thank you.

Quote:
You're the only one talking about cosmetic parts.

But hey. I would say "Enjoy your M5," but I just realized you can't even drive it without the engine blowing up. Some awesome M engineering right there!!!
Well. At least its still a M car with a clutch.

Unlike someone X1 35M that still uses the old 6 speed automatic with old shifter.

I just find is so amusing that you can turn a souped down version of performance control into the most ingenious BMW invention. Not to mention the outdate 6 speed automatic shifter, totally look out of place compare to the 8 speed.

AMEN.