View Single Post
      09-13-2012, 12:43 AM   #63
netarc
Rep
Drives: Audi A3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSportX1 View Post
I saw a midnight blue X1 in person last weekend when I did test drive. The real midnight blue color looks in person is completely different from the one built on BMW website. The color is very dark and varies with sunlight intensity. Under weak sunlight, it looks like dark blue or black. Under intensive sunlight, the color looks 60% blue and 40% green. In short, the midnight blue is a unique color and rarely seen on a parking lot. If you like dark color, it is a beautiful color.
Thanks - many of the midnight blue X1 colors I've seen on the 'net make it look practically indistinguishable from the deep sea blue, hence my confusion. e.g., check out the attached "midnight blue" pix I'd found.

That being said, it's good to know that the m. blue varies based upon lighting. My current car is an Audi A3 in dark blue; and thought I like dark blue, I kind of wanted something different, which is why I was considering something other than the deep sea blue (which I have seen in person, btw ... looks very similar to my A3).
Attached Images

Appreciate 0