01-31-2013, 11:58 AM   #26
Teleskier
Private
Rep
Drives: '13 X1 20mpg, '01 VW TDI 55mpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemo Panda View Post
Are you using regular gas by chance?
Europe was 100% premium (equivalent to our AKI 91 I think).

US has been all 91 premium except for this return trip from VT skiing where I was near empty and the small town station only had 87 regular that day.

There seemed to be no difference in the engine performance - no knocks, no degradation in performance from before versus after (in eco mode). The lack of any difference in the mileage is also interesting. Both are poor, but still is the same.

It's almost saying to me that no matter how fun, spirited and hot footed I drive in sport mode versus dogging it in un-fun fashion in eco mode - and no matter premium versus regular - I'm stuck on the poor end of only 20.x mpg. And that with max inflated tires.

Does everyone else see the same instanteous mpg needle diving to below 12mpg when they step on the gas pedal below 50% down when in eco mode?

Am I spoiled by the torque of diesel? Am I just hot footed? I swear I was dogging it - to the point of almost getting in accidents since the car would not pull out into traffic fast enough in eco mode (takes stepping on the gas pedal to the 65% point to get the car to move into traffic). Same for you?
Appreciate 0