View Single Post
      03-22-2018, 09:21 AM   #21
SharpAndCunning
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconey View Post
I've had the jb4 on my e90 for about 4 years, lol. The entire time I've procrastinated about buying and installing a charge pipe. I've been lucky, i guess (knock on wood).

What are your hang ups about the jb4? I think it's a great add on even if you aren't trying to get the most power. Great for logging, can read and clear BMW specific codes, plus the torque it adds can help with utility as well. I've been thinking of buying/installing a tow hitch and having that extra torque when hauling a trailer will certainly come in handy if I go that route.
Honestly, every other car I've tuned a modded before was N/A, and I've already had some issues with my X1. My hang up really comes down to not wanting to push the car, that is already showing to me at 32k miles it's delicate.

I was thinking about the JB+ to start, which adds 2.5-4psi, and there's a seller on the forums that will give you the price you paid for the jb+ in store credit to trade up to the jb4 if you decide to, but then I've read a lost of complaints that running the JB+ at max has caused x1's to go into limp mode and had to dial back the boost. So I'm just torn on what to do.

I had lined up a charge pipe and JB4 deal, but I couldn't log in for a couple of days and missed out, so I'm back on the hunt. ha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucketfoot View Post
That is where I was. We had a price cap set for whatever vehicle we bought and the 35 fell well outside of that range.

Does the 35 have more power... no doubt! But the 28 most definitely is no slouch!
The 28 is no slouch I agree. But The 28i isn't worth the premium compared to say Ford's 2.0T ecoboost, or even Hyundai's 2.0T, IMHO. I bought mine 2 years ago, and It only seemed to run about 4k more than a comparably loaded 28i. I wanted the moonroof, and navigation, etc. At 0.9%, I couldn't say no.
Appreciate 0