05-16-2011, 05:01 PM   #4
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
I got my car in December 2010 so fuel consumption was not too good with the car being new & the cold winter months. Now I have managed to go 505 miles (812 km) on one tank! I filled up tank today and there was still 3 litres left in it. So could have gone further but did not want to risk running out. OBC states fuel consumption was 40.5 mpg but actual mileage works out at 39.6 mpg or 7.12 litres per 100 km. Can anyone beat this? I am sure someone can.
Hi Dave,

Is that with a mix of motorway and city driving. Reason I ask is that mine has been up to 54mpg on a long open run up to Inverness. On that occasion I got around 550 miles to the tank but I was not expecting it so did not check exactly.

Heh, heh, in the city and using the sport triptronic I have managed to push it down to 29.5 mpg but no lower.

As you say though, amazing ranges out of a single tank. I reacon 620-ish (magical 1000km) is possible with careful driving!
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living" - Nelson Mandela
Appreciate 0