View Single Post
      11-02-2013, 06:43 PM   #25
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Hi guys,

I have started today the process of replacing my interior bulbs with the 10 LED OEM kit. I have succesfully replaced the map lights and the central one above the mirror and the footwell lights for the driver and passenger.

I have two questions for you:

1. What is the procedure to replace the lights for the back reading lights and door lights (hosted in the same lighting element). I was trying differents scenarios, but I am afraid not to break something. I looked in the manual, on the net, I couldn't find anything. If you gusy did this can you post a picture with thes steps on how to take out the whole assembly and where the screwdriver should go?

2. This kit hase 10 lights. 6 for the interior lights and 4 for the footwell. So, I have installed three round ones on the central light close to the rearview mirror and two flat ones on thedriver and passenger footwell. Where the others supposed to go?
The door lights on the back and the reading lights in the back are different I presume, so you put two round ones for reading and two flats for door lighting?
And the single one round left where it goes?
Or the flat ones should replace the courtesy mirror lights? If yes, what you guys install for the rear door lights?

Obviously, the trunk needs a special order as well, it is a different bulb which is not included in the kit.

So I was wondering, this kit is intended for which lights since we are still left with older yellow lights inside?

I mean, where do you put your 10 lights? I have three round ones on the top front and two flat on the front footwell area. Where should I put other three rounds and two flats? Something is missining in here. What the heck?

I am also considering going back tothe original lights, two of the led lights are buzzing and the ones on the footwell turn off a litle bit later than the ones on the top console. Is it the same in your case?

Thanks.

Last edited by Teutonic; 11-02-2013 at 07:00 PM..
Appreciate 0