United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Honda S2000, 2017 GT350

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [9.35]
2014 BMW i3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbalch View Post
I'm excited to get the wheel, won't be here until mid November unfortunately!

I actually ended up doing the Assetto Corsa bundle so the game was already shipped to me. Using a controller for the game is definitely a no-go, I feel like you NEED a wheel for it to be playable in a real capacity. I agree with you in that it is certainly not a game, as it was world's different than my experience with F1 2016, and obviously Forza. Excited to play it with the wheel though.

Quick question, do you have any experience with the Playseat Challenge? Its the foldable rig by Playseat. I live in an apt with pretty limited space in Chicago so that seems to be the best fit for me. Only other option I am thinking about is the Wheelstand Pro with a dedicated chair. Any thoughts would be appreciated!
I've had a fixed playseat and it worked well enough. The biggest thing for a cockpit is seating/wheel/pedal position and sturdiness of the wheel and pedals. I strongly suggest staying away from the wheel stand pro. It's a horrible experience. The playseat challenge looks interesting. Seating position seems decent enough, but I would worry about the pedals moving around. When you brake with a load cell based pedal, you tend to put a lot of pressure on it and it sucks when the whole pedal base is moving around. You definitely want it bolted down and not able to move at all.

My pet project: https://stickershift.com
Appreciate 0