View Single Post
      02-08-2013, 08:50 AM   #15
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nospam View Post
As I posted in the other thread, the MPG computed by the displays are way off in my experience.
Thank you for mentioning this! I have never found the OBC (or analog gauge) readouts to be accurate on any BMW I've driven dating back to 2001. They were usually optimistic but grossly so. Since getting my MCS a couple years back, I've only been crunching the #'s of miles driven since last fill up/gallons added at next fill up.

Currently debating going with a 35i over the 28i since the few options I want are standard on it but I'm tracking you guys' reported fuel economy since that may be the great equalizer. I DD my Moupe spring thru fall and get around 19mpg of fun (manually calculated). I replaced my old ZJ (too many electrical/harness gremlins) that got slightly lower fuel economy than the Moupe with the MCS as a winter vehicle & hauling mule since I wanted something manual, fun, and with good gas mileage. Looking to replace the MCS, though, since I think it is overrated on all but fuel economy (these WS-60's are really making me hate the car, too). However, if people are simply judging mpg by the OBC, I and most people I know do not take that to be an accurate assessment. Actual fuel economy may be better or worse. I have never known anyone that hand crunched the #'s to be remotely near what the OBC reported.