View Single Post
      03-07-2014, 01:25 PM   #71
atomic
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 x3 x-line white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric5273 View Post
I think what annoys some people, including myself, is that in order to get more luxury features, we must purchase a larger vehicle. I would like to see some smaller vehicles offer the same luxury features as the much larger vehicles. Bigger isn't always better. Some people prefer a small vehicle.

As a single guy with no family, I don't need a huge vehicle -- even a 2 seater would suit me fine. But I want some luxury and want a car that is AWD that I can drive through the snow in the winter. Unfortunately I am forced to get a typical large family vehicle if I want all of those things. At least they are finally starting to come out with vehicles like what I want, and the X1 and Range Rover Evoque are the closest things out there to what I want, both of which were not available 5 years ago. I hope to see more options in the future. I really do like some of these new concept cars they keep showing at the car shows which appear to be small 2-door crossovers.
What do you consider luxury features? I dont' consider soft-close doors or auto-hatch closing as luxury items. I consider them laziness items. I consider finer leather, real quality woods, thicker seating, heating steering wheel, heated rear seats, audophile quality soundsystem as luxury items.
Appreciate 0