06-18-2013, 11:09 PM   #31
Grovsnus
Flight Lieutenant ≛
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Le Mans blue X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
And honestly, if the BMW is that kind of car that discharges by itself for no reason, I will buy whatever, maybe another Jaguar or something else. I rather have an Accord that takes me home from the ski resort than shivering around my beautiful X1.
I am a huge BMW fan but I will not hide the truth under arrogance or pride.
If you are not in the position of helping somehow, then stop suggesting what should I buy because that is not the point.
Need I point out you that you were the one who brought up other car brands here?
And you just did it again. Stop doing that, and others may stop recommending you follow your own suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
I hope the next comments will focus on the issue itself because funny suggestions I treat them as such.
If you're looking for solutions, I'm not sure you'll find any. Unless you do something like keeping your main or spare key in or near the car in which case there will be a higher battery drain because the car will never go to sleep.

Workarounds, though, if you can live with those, I can think of at least two obvious ones:
1: Buy a second battery.
2: Take your car on an extra highway drive every so often just to top off the battery.

Other than that, you can do some troubleshooting yourself too. Unplug a bunch of fuses overnight, and see whether the drain still occurs. If it does, try other fuses. If it doesn't, unplug just some of them the next night. In 3-5 days, you should have it narrowed down pretty well, with a minimum of work.
It could be a short, it could be a bad resistor - narrowing it down should help find the exact cause.
Appreciate 0