06-18-2013, 05:35 PM   #26
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Nearly all trickle chargers have circuitry that shuts them off when the battery is charged. I think mine pulls about as much current as an alarm clock, certainly less than my amp or dvr's do even when "off".

If you really don't feel that your X1 is reliable, sell it. It's just a car and if there's something you don't trust about it, get rid of it. Lord knows most of us have sold cars for sillier causes.
Yeap, you might be right except your DVR is not connected to a battery and sometimes things can go wrong, I have seen protection circuits that failed, I worked several years in electronics. Under any circumstances I will not leave my car plugged in while I am away. Never.

I am not saying I don't like the car, I am saying that I am starting not to like some stuff, for 21 century, those things are embarrassing for a such badge. Really. I have a 2006 Honda Accord, it has 12 000 km (twelve) sits around, it gets 2-3 longer rides a year and it never died. When it was -45C degrees and 6 years old the battery gave up, but even then I have recharge it and the car was goo to go. And I never charged the battery in six years except when I need it to go to buy a new battery from the dealership and have my annual oil changed. What about that?

We Love very much our X1 otherwise I wouldn't buy it, but I am really REALLY disappointed by this problem and I think it is a big embarrassment for a such brand.
Appreciate 0