View Single Post
      03-31-2022, 10:36 AM   #5
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

Sadly, I think we all struggle with this.

Macan seems like the most natural one, but every time I look, for a comparable one with similar mileage will tend to be $20k more than the X1 and I just don't see an extra $20k in value. Sure, it'll have a nicer interior, better ride quality, and more luxurious, but not any more power, so I'd rather just keep my money.

An X2 m35i could be another pseudo replacement one, but eh, mini-based, turbo 4, with really harsh suspension (I hear, haven't driven one). Plus it looks like it's wearing gray lipstick on the front bumper.

A CX-5 turbo or new CX-50 turbo are other options, on paper, but when I drove the CX-5, I didn't find it all that engaging and the power delivery was weird and all down low, then progressively dies. That test drive just left me more intent on finding a used X1.

Genesis GV70 could be a good one, too. But in terms of new cars, none of them do much for me and are all incredibly expensive.

Your best option might be to just get ANOTHER X1, lowest mileage one you can find, and simply reset the clock. That might be what I'd advise. Or perhaps a used X3 m40i might be similar and still an "upgrade" in many ways.
Appreciate 0